Saturday, March 13, 2010

Soy...in my humble opinion.

I probably mooed when I was a kid after all of the milk I drank!

Now, a tall glass of cow's milk is not an option for me anymore, and
having read some research on soy, I've decided to cut waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on that, too.


Soy contributes to thyroid disorder, especially in women, promotes kidney stones, weakens the immune system, and contributes to food allergies and digestive intolerances for starters.

A raw food chef stopped me in my tracks and told me that it was poison for our bodies and we are much better off eating almond, rice, or even hemp milk.

Since then, I've taken to Whole Foods' Unsweetened Rice Milk for $1.69!! Unsweetened Almond Milk and the Unsweetened Whole Grain Milk from Trader Joes are also excitable alternatives that I drink. And everything tastes better to me with a couple of full bodied tablespoons of coconut milk!

I have heard debates regarding organic soy beans healthful contributions, but the bottom line remains. Moderation is key.


No comments:

Post a Comment